The Art Of Tone
TAOT Gibson Les Paul® - Short Shaft - CTS TAOT 450S 525K Pots - Orange Drop Caps - 500KThe Art Of Tone
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 2 - 4 and get $1.50 off
- Buy 5 or above and get $3.00 off
This The Art Of Tone (TAOT) Les Paul® wiring kit is truly an upgrade, containing only name brand parts including our own custom TAOT CTS 525K Pots and .022uf 400v orange drops capacitors.
Why consider 525K pots? Every pot is manufactured to a "tolerance" this means that it can deviate from the stated specification by a certain percentage and still be considered acceptable. As an example a standard 500K pot @ 10% tolerance can range between 450K and 550K and still be withing the stated tolerance. At 10% tolerance these 525K pots can read between 475K and 575K ohms, and will be more likely to be in what we consider the sweet pot between 500K & 550K.
- 4 of our customized CTS 450S series 525K Audio Pots (10% tolerance), short/split, knurled shaft
- 8 nuts
- 4 Lock washers
- 4 Dress washers
- 2 Orange Drop (716P) .022uf/400v Capacitors (Cornell-Debulier)
- 1 Switchcraft long straight toggle switch
- 1 Cream colored switch tip
- 1 Deep Nut for Switchcraft switch (Please see note #3 below regarding nut for switch)
- 1 Switchcraft #J11 1/4" Mono Jack
- 5 feet vintage-style braided shielded single conductor wire (for wiring switch & jack)
- 12 inches of vintage-style 7-strand, pre-tinned, 22 awg black cloth push back wire (for grounding pots)
- 12 inches 20 awg buss wire (for grounding switch, can also be used to ground pots)
- Wiring Diagram
- 525K Ohms - 10% tolerance
- Audio Taper
- Bakelite base plate
- Solid brass c-clip reinforced shaft
- Solid brass bushing
- 3/8-32 US thread
- 3/8 inch bushing height
- 3/8 inch diameter bushing
- 1/4 inch diameter shaft
- Split, fine 24-tooth knurled head
- Part # 450S525K TAOT
A 3/8 inch diameter mounting hole is needed.
Please read the following before you order:
- As a general rule pre-1977 production Les Paul's, many of the historic reissue Les Paul's, ES series, PRS and Hamer guitars use short shaft pots. If you are uncertain whether your guitar uses short (3/8") or long (3/4") shaft pots, please double check before you order.
- All parts in this kit use imperial (not metric) sizing. If you own an imported guitar (e.g. Japan, China, Mexico, etc.), the pots, switch, and jack in this kit will not fit your guitar without enlarging the openings.
- The switchcraft toggle switch comes standard with a flat nut, depending on the thickness of the body of the guitar (this includes most Les Pauls), you may need to use the "vintage-style" deep nut that is also included in this kit.
- Returns are only accepted on this item if parts are unused.